Thursday, August 24, 2017

Open Letter to John Horgan & Andrew Weaver- Fish Farm Disaster

Dear John & Andrew

I am praying you will be the leaders that we hope you are and step up and end this violence against the salmon, this crime against humanity and nature...

I have worked in the farming/processing industries. It's dark. It's full of disease and it's not natural. This beautiful land and water that we live on is in dire jeopardy. The salmon that have sustained all the living beings here since forever are being wiped out and there is just no time to waste.

I can't put into words everything I have learned in recent years especially this past year, as I made my own attempts at reconciling but I can tell you, there is no time to waste, so much damage has been done, I pray it is not irreversible.

I want my child to grow up in a better world but it's so frightening right now with the salmon being wiped out ...everything here depends on them...it's not to be taken lightly..please I know you see the bigger picture...this is an emergency!! It's as dire as a earthquake, hurricane or tsunami...only so many are blind and ignorant they have no clue what is about to hit them.

Please YOU MUST STOP the salmon farming TODAY!

Thank you for your time, hard work and efforts, it is appreciated and I feel so hopeful that Clark and Harper are gone but we have no time to lose...we are not going to get a second chance. We are counting on you to turn this disaster around. There's no time to waste. You've seen the videos...HELP!!

Salmon are Sacred.
Save Our Wild Salmon. Pray hard and Protect them.
Our children's lives depend on it.

FISH FARM DISASTER- #SaveOurWildSalmon
https://tinawinterlik.blogspot.ca/2017/08/fish-farm-disaster-saveourwildsalmon.html

Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2017

 Sketch -Painting from "Salmon Woman" series by Zipolita

Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2017

 Sacred Panels created in the Reconciliation Carving Program- Langara College
https://tinawinterlik.blogspot.ca/2017/08/reconciliation-carving-series-langara.html

Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2017


 The Estuary

Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2017

Salmon- hand printed from wood cut cedar block

Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2017

No comments: