Monday, March 6, 2017

#ICantKeepQuiet & Choir, Choir, Choir



Published Youtube on Feb 17, 2017
In the face of adversity, MILCK refuses to be silent. The Los Angeles-based singer went viral at the Washington Women’s March with her song “(I Can’t Keep) Quiet.” We loved it. So we invited her to come sing it with us.

On February 6th, a sold-out crowd of 1300 singers at the Phoenix Concert Theatre in Toronto raised their voices to protest the current US administration’s threatening action on global liberty, women’s rights, healthcare etc. Daveed Goldman and Nobu Adilman, co-founders of C!C!C!, taught their arrangement of “Quiet” to the pumped-up, all-ages crowd, and an hour later, MILCK joined them to sing lead and record a powerful show of peaceful, harmonic resistance, with proceeds going to support the American Civil Liberties Union.

“Quiet” has quickly grown from female empowerment anthem to a unifying message of hope and raucous protest for young and old, and for all genders. Play it, feel it, share it!

#ICantKeepQuiet

Directed by Byron Kent Wong,
Iron Bay Films
milckmusic.com

choirchoirchoir.com



Published on Jan 22, 2017

The original video I shared ..was removed and I replace it with this.
The #ICANTKEEPQUIET Choir features members of both the GW Sirens & Capital Blend. Huge thanks to both organizations!
#ICantKeepQuiet
#OneWomanRiot

Song: "Quiet" by MILCK.

www.milckmusic.com

But this was written on the original..that I had uploaded...

(Filmed and written by Alma Ha'rel)
These women are from different states and never met till today. They practiced this song online. I was crying the whole time I filmed this. Show them some love. #WomensMarch #ANTHEM #Icantkeepquiet #TogetherWeRise SECOND DAY - Woke up to 2.5 million views! Hello world x I'm adding some more details here because everyone is asking in private messages and I can't answer y'all but I'm so incredibly happy and thankful you are listening to this. So.... I'm a film and commercial director (www.almaharel.com) and was in the march to support women of all races around the world coming together and get heard. I did not know these women or the artist. I now found out she goes under the name of MILCK (Icantkeepquiet.org) and that she gathered women from all around the country to sing this #Anthem at the #WomensMarch and practiced it online with them on Skype. They only met once before the march and some met that day for the first time!

I was lucky or sent (depending on your preference) to stumble upon her. My phone's battery died from the cold and I was lost and with out my friends who were back stage. I was wondering around trying to navigate the incredible crowds when I found my self this pocket of space around these women. When they started singing, I checked on my phone frustrated that it's dead and it suddenly sprung back to life... :) hence missing the beginning. This song and it's sentiment made me cry tears of relief the whole time I was filming it. The beauty and the harmony of their voices captured for me how women can come together to find their voice. This song is simply healing and empowering in the best possible way.

No one can explain you the feeling of being surrounded by that number of women from every race who come together all around the world. 627 marches! #TOGETHERWERISE None of us are free until we are all free. This march was special because it accounted for all women of all races. Women of color and poor women are most likely to suffer more from this administration than anyone. Same goes for immigrants. We marched for everyone and for the LGBTQ community.

ALSO stop trying to tell us we don't know what's happening in the middle east... I am from the middle east and this song is for women everywhere.
Stop dividing us.

Let me finish by posting all the lyrics for I CAN'T KEEP QUIET. Let's make it our #Anthem. I hope to sing it with you on our next march because WHEN WE HARMONIZE THEY CAN'T DIVIDE US.
#TogetherWeRise #OneWomansRiot #iCantkeepquiet

“Quiet”
Written by MILCK and AG
Produced by AG
put on your face
know your place
shut up and smile
don’t spread your legs
I could do that

But no one knows me no one ever will
if I don’t say something, if I just lie still
Would I be that monster, scare them all away
If I let the-em hear what I have to say

I can’t keep quiet, no oh oh oh oh oh oh
I can’t keep quiet, no oh oh oh oh oh oh
A one woman riot, oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

I can’t keep quiet
For anyone
Anymore

Cuz no one knows me no one ever will
if I don’t say something, take that dry blue pill
they may see that monster, they may run away
But I have to do this, do it anyway
I can’t keep quiet, no oh oh oh oh oh oh
I can’t keep quiet, no oh oh oh oh oh oh
A one woman riot, oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh I can’t keep quiet

Let it out Let it out
Let it out now
There’ll be someone who understands
Let it out Let it out
Let it out now
Must be someone who’ll understand
Let it out Let it out
Let it out now
There’ll be someone who understands
Let it out Let it out
Let it out now

I can’t keep quiet

https://www.womensmarch.com/



On International Women's Day, March 8th, women and our allies will act together for equity, justice and the human rights of women, through a one-day demonstration of economic solidarity.

#DayWithoutAWoman
#IStrikeFor
https://www.womensmarch.com/
https://www.womensmarch.com/womensday

No comments: