Tuesday, March 31, 2015

R.I.P Danny Maloney- Kitsilano Megaphone Vendor Will Be Missed

I hadn't walked passed that corner for a bit for some reason but was deeply shocked and saddened this last Saturday when I walked by Whole Foods by Safeway on 4th Ave.

For years and I mean years...at least 12 I believe, Danny had been there selling the Megaphone newspaper. We never said much, just exchanged a smile and Hello. I only gave him money a few times and never took the paper, reason being we needed money for ourselves and I knew he knew that.

He was a little cornerstone on that corner and he will be greatly missed. The corner will be empty now. His shoes too big to fill as our memories will always see his ghost there.

R.I. P. Danny! You can sit down and take a break now! My deepest condolences to his family and friends. Please share this so other can know.



Celebration of Life
Tuesday April 7th 12pm-1pm 
Kitsilano Community Center
Snowy's Lounge
2690 Larch St. 

Danny sold Megaphone for 2 decades at West 4th and Vine. He will be missed dearly by his family, friends, customers and colleagues. 

Light food and beverages provided 

 



http://www.megaphonemagazine.com/danny_maloney_1952_2015

1 comment:

http://ashwork0.tripod.com/ said...

Danny was an institution to the community. Kindered spirits like his will be in the hearts and minds of many of those he crossed paths with.Hohokam Puma word for those who have come before us. Ancestrial Pueblo.