Friday, December 7, 2012

Life Goes On & Money is Not the Object!

Blog post by Tina Winterlik © 2012
zipolita@gmail.com
http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/#!/zipolita @zipolita
http://gplus.to/zipolita Google+



If money were no object...What would you do with your life? Are you doing it?


Finally I am. When I was young I remember a time, I think I was nearly 14 or so, and I wanted a pair of Lee jeans. My father had passed away when I was 11, and my mom had gone through terribly tough times. She could not afford to get me the jeans I wanted and I had to have a cheaper brand which made me unhappy.

I remember it being dark and cold and wet and we were walking, it was winter. We had moved, my mom had not learned to drive, (yet-she was in her 40's but she would :) )  and we had to go get the groceries, and I was just a grumpy teen with an attitude. I remember saying to myself, "I'm never going to be poor, never!!"

Life went on.  I really disliked school, I couldn't wait to finish. All I wanted to do was art, but I was told I could not do that and I better think of something esle. I hated math and science and that made me want out of school even more because I did very poorly in these subjects and it gave me a terrible attitude :(. 

Life goes on. I manage to graduate and I take any job I can get. They are labour jobs, on farms and in factories. It's all about the money, I work at horrible jobs and hurt myself with long hours (tendonitis) so that I can bring in the $1000 check every two weeks so that I can buy stuff...but I'm not happy.

Life goes on. I save my money.  I have quit my job, I go to Mexico for 3 months and travel. I see the life I think I want but I can't get it because I think I don't have the money and now can't do labour work because my body is broken.

Life goes on. I go to college because everyone says it's the answer. Inspite of canceled programs and delays I graduate from a photography program. I get my dream job on a cruiseship- it was my dream but I quickly realize it has a darkside. Instead,  I go to work for a mapping corporation, working ridiculous long hours and graveyards to boot. I'm sick mentally because I don't sleep and all I think about is the money and paying my bills.
Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita ©1995


Life goes on. I lose my job. Downsizing. I'm devastated. I escape. I travel and do photography. I'm healing. I'm making art.  I am happy!

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2000


Life goes on. I take web design so I can share my photos and hopefully sell them online. There's a dot.com crash and my program seems useless. My life seems pointless.

Life goes on. I go to Mexico and try to do web design there. There's a fire, my camera burns when my cabana burns in big fire in the town I'm staying. In a strange way it's a cleansing.  I meet someone, I'm in love. I have new dreams and hopes where previously I was at the end of my rope. I learn to paint. I paint many many watercolours. I am creating and I am happy!

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2012






Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2012

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2012

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2012
Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2001

Life goes on. I go home, I'm offered a job for a lot of money in the states. I turn it down, I want a baby. I'm nearly 40. The man in Mexico offered to have a baby with me. I go back, 9/11 happens. There's no people or work in the town where I want to live with my partner in Mexico. The relationship ends. But I get God's greatest gifts, I get pregnant. I go home to Canada. I'm super happy. I'm creating but in a whole new way ;) LOL :D
Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2002

Life goes on. I am poor in money. My mom is happy but unhappy, she knows the struggle I am in for. I am naive. I think it can handle it. It's a good attitude but hard times will take it's toll. But still I am happy.

Life goes on. I struggle. But I have my child and I am happy! We are learning and creating together. 

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2002
Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2003

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2004

Life goes on. I have a friend that helps be the father figure for Angel but neither he nor her father can help me financially. I am on my own. I am poor in money but rich in health, love and family. 


Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2003

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2003


Life goes on.  I lose my mom. She always had my back. I am very lost for awhile..a long while.... True friends and family rally around me. My child inspires me and creativity helps me thru.  I count my blessings,  I am rich in creativity, love and family.

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2007
Life goes on. I learn that family is the most important. I learn to re-focus. I learn the value of the simple things in life. I want to share these simple things with my child. I realize all the wonderful things I have to be grateful for. Miracles happen and I am blessed when Angel's father helps so  I can travel to Mexico for the winter. I take her on a journey to discover her culture, country and language We live  by ourselves in  a room we rent from our friends and live very simply and are happy! 

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2008

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2008

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2008

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2008

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2012


Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2009

  Life goes on.  A small amount of money from my mom's estate allows Angel and I to travel to Mexico again so she can connect with her dad and learn more of the language, culture and country. We spend another winter.

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2009

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2009

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2009

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2009

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2009

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2009

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2009



Life goes on.   My child is my muse. I take tons of photos and teach myself to make slideshows and videos. I learn to blog and share my thoughts and ideas.  I take a few free courses and  I learn everything I can on the internet. It's a huge library full of positive energy if you seek it. I learn about Social Media. I learn about so many things, gardens, cob houses, sustainability, education, how the outside world affected my life and why things happened. How people are uniting to change the world. How Social Media is causing and creating that change. How there are many people like me. I watch alot of videos. I learn to make a lot of videos. I am creating, I am blogging, I am sharing.  I am happy!

Life goes on. I am 50. I am riding my bike around Stanley Park, enjoying the gorgeous forest and fresh air. I am giving thanks to God and all the positive powers. I am appreciating all my experiences (the good and the bad and giving thanks ) when I meet someone who will teach me to paint oils. I am blessed. Positive feelings and creativity envelope me all while I struggle but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am Rich in creativity and spirit.

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2012

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2012

Life goes on.  I get some web design and social media work. I sell some paintings. We go pack away all our things and go WWOOF'ing. (Work on an Organic Farm in exchange for food and shelters.) We have really interesting experiences. True life experiences. Some really great, some not so great. We learn to accomodate and I demonstrate these skills to my child. We are rich in togetherness, health and knowledge of sustainability. We are rich in community and learning the skills to values others difference and to compromise and get along.

Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2012
Life goes on. We return to Mexico for the 3rd time, there has been a hurricane, the town has recovered but there are few tourists. There's no one here but we love it, we get to know all the locals. Many remember us. It's like coming home.  I help people with videos, websites and social media so they can tell the world all is well and to come and vacation in their paradise.  I build and awesome portfolio and pay it forward many times. We are poor in money but we are all poor in money together and yet we are Rich in Spirit!!  

Life goes on. I'm happy. I am creating all the time. I am helping others, sharing with others and they are sharing with me and they are happy. I am realizing I am not poor, I am rich. Rich in creativity, in happiness, in health. Things are happening. Things are getting better. Miracles are happening...everyday.  I realize I am richer than the richess (money) people. 


Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2012


Photos by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2012
Life goes on. I realize I want a little cob house, raised bed gardens, a composting system, a pop bottle green house. I pray and project. I am going to make it happen. We are going to have a dog, cat, a few chickens and some rabbits. We live by the ocean and eat fresh fish. This is where I want to live, this is where my child wants to live. We have an adopted family and life is simple and full of love and generousity.  I want to share my knowledge with all my family and friends here and everywhere. I want to be self-sustaining and to share this knowledge.  I want money to "NOT"  be the object.  

Life goes on.  It's has taken me nearly half my life, 50 years (as I plan to live to 108 ;), to figure out - Money is not the object. We live a very simple life with our friends in Mexico. We are blessed with miracles. My child and I have a new motto "This is the best day ever, and tomorrow will be even better!" We are rich and money is not the object and SHE KNOWS IT! Do your kids know it? Do you?

Life goes on. I am doing what I want!! And money is not the object.


P.s. One thing in this video that caught my eye is it shows Burrard Bridge, I've walked that bridge hundreds of times. Too funny :D
Related links :
Adventurez in Mexico http://adventurezinmexico.blogspot.mx/

Zipolita's Web Design & Social Mediaz  http://zipolitazwebdezign.blogspot.mx/

Zipolita'z Paintingz http://zipolitazpaintingz.blogspot.mx/

2 comments:

Michael A. said...

Fabulous and inspiring! Thanks for writing this.

Tina Winterlik said...

Thanks Michael that is very kind of you to say. I hope it helps someone get a better perspective on their life in a shorter time than it took me. :D