Saturday, December 24, 2011

West Coast Christmas

West Coast Decorations- shells and beach glass with ribbon


Blog post by Tina Winterlik © 2011
Photos by Tina Winterlik
http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/#!/zipolita @zipolita
http://gplus.to/zipolita Google+

So it's the quiet before the storm. This time tomorrow morning, much of the kaos may be over. Who knows I might luck out and she'll sleep in but I doubt it.

Christmas Time! Christmas time is finally here. Amazing, it always sneaks up on you and there's all that hustle and bustle and stress.
Train Under Tree


Luckily we are going to have a lovely Christmas this year. Nothing grand or elaborate, just a simple West Coast Christmas.

Here is our tree, it will get you in the mood. Note the seashells, they were collected from Mexico, the Caribbean and South Pacific. Most of the beach glass was collected from BC.

West Coast Christmas Tree  and Photo by Tina Winterlik © 2011


Making a Gingerbread house. Tonight on Christmas Eve we will make Gingerbread Cookies.




As the light finally breaks here on it's a really wet dark rainy morning, I can't help but feel my daughter's disappointment, there's no snow. That would make it perfect.  We are going to have to move to remedy that one I'm afraid.

Anyways it's a beautiful day and I give GREAT THANKS to all the people that helped us this year. Thank you for getting us to this point. This comfort level where we know that we are very blessed. I am saying prayers that everyone else can be as blessed.

Here we are again Christmas eve day! I look forward to your day. I hope everyone else does to. A savoury day, full of anticipation. Have fun all. Enjoy. I hope you can relax.
Merry Christmas Eve Day!!

No comments: