Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Dream House


Blog post by Tina Winterlik © 2011

http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.com 

Here is my dream house. It's in this charming little town in New Denver B.C. I have always wanted to live in New Denver since about 1992 when I won a  bursary from a lady that lived there. I forget her name now, but it was so sweet, her husband  & her had some land and they had arranged to have the money from it turned into a bursary.

I won $500 and it sure helped. I wish I could remember her name, I keep thinking Nellie, or Cybil, ...anyways, thank you! 

I had wrote that lady a letter and she said I should come visit. But I never actually made it there til years later in 1996 or 97 I think. I think I went briefly, but in 1997 is when I actually rented a room and really checked the town out for a couple of days.  It was lovely. Just like I imagined it.

Here's a few pics from back then

Photo by Tina Winterlik  © 1997

Photo by Tina Winterlik  © 1997

Photo by Tina Winterlik  © 1997


So lately I have been looking for my dream home and praying and projecting where I would like to live. Last night for fun, I googled New Denver and this is what came up.


http://www.openrealestate.ca/british-columbia/new-denver/

New Denver Dream House

New Denver Dream House

My dream house has everything, 3 bedrooms, it's small, has a lovely garden, a little workshop/cottage that would make an awesome studio and apothecary. It's just 2 blocks from the beach and well it's perfect!

I emailed the owner and Rob was very kind and I suggested I post this to help promote it. Maybe by paying it forward, something similar will happen for me.

So now I just need to win the lottery, just a small one, to cover the house ....wouldn't that be lovely. Miracles do happen. Just need to stay positive, pray and project. Will you do me a favor, pray and project for me too! Thank you!!

5 comments:

Tina Winterlik said...

No those are really black and whites, I took those in 1997 or 98, I had used all my colour film. I like the way they turned out. Thanks for you kind words. Take care, Tina :)

Marvin Mills said...

I like the way you photographed these pictures. They turned out to be very vintage and classy. The houses are also amazing. Such a wonderful place to spend a lifetime. A dream house should not always look sublime, it can also be small and simple. It depends on your taste and what you're looking for in a dream home.

Tina Winterlik said...

Thanks for the lovely compliments Marvin, yes, I believe smaller is better, greener and we all need to think this way if we want a better world. :) Definitely something we need to consider for our children and to instill in our children. :)

Mel said...

I was interested to see you say that smaller is better. That's the way things work for me as well. Put me in a massive great mansion and I know it wouldn't be very long before I started feeling like the second Mrs de Winter from Rebecca. A house is supposed to feel like it's welcoming you home when you walk in. Not eying you with disdain.

I wouldn't like anything too small either, I have to have enough room to breath but I think I'd get on better with too small than too big. But to be honest, the house valuation on pretty much anything is too much for me right now.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your dream house. As you say, miracles do happen. :)

Tina Winterlik said...

Hi Mel, well the housing market is just cRaZy in Vancouver, and really so many could survive with less. It's our kids that will have to deal with this if we don't figure it out.

Thanks for crossing you fingers, will definitely be such a Fabulous Dream come true. :)(That's me being Positive!! and Projecting:)