Friday, November 20, 2015

Have You Heard of Peace Prayer Flag Project

#PeacePrayerFlagProject
Peace Prayer Flag Creation & Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2015

Peace Prayer Flag Creation & Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2015

Well  I just created it, so you may not have heard of it. Maybe others have created similar but this is my twist on it. You've heard of Tibet Prayer Flags, right? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_flag




"A prayer flag is a colorful rectangular cloth, often found strung along mountain ridges and peaks high in the Himalayas. They are used to bless the surrounding countryside and for other purposes. Prayer flags are believed to have originated with Bon.[1] In Bon, shamanistic Bonpo used primary-colored plain flags in healing ceremonies in Nepal. They are unknown in other branches of Buddhism.[2] Traditional prayer flags include woodblock-printed text and images."

And it's made by pressing an inked wooden block on to material.
I have a whole PINTEREST BOARD if you want to see.  https://www.pinterest.com/zipolita/prayer-flags/


And have you heard of the Kindest Flag Project- Well it's a cool project that sprung up after the  Stanley Cup Riots. http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.ca/2011/06/kindness-flag-project.html 

It started when this woman  Ingrid Tamboline, decided to help give the people cleaning up and passing through the area damaged by the rioters, the opportunity for healing. It was very emotional for us and I am very grateful for Ingrid thoughtfulness and ingenuity. https://kindnessflagproject.wordpress.com/about-3/


Angel's Kindness flag- a Peace Sign with a heart - surrounded by hearts!
So after the attacks in Paris and then just the pain and grief that goes with the realization that ALL OVER THE WORLD right now there is TERRIBLE things happening to people but ESPECIALLY WOMEN AND CHILDREN. http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.ca/2015/11/did-you-ever-charlie-wilsons-war-or.html

http://tinawinterlik.blogspot.ca/2015/11/i-tell-you-love-sister-its-just-kiss.html





The fact that France went back in and bombed and Canada and the US, it makes me very ill and unhappy and I feel powerless. But I do have power, we all do. Peace starts with YOU!!






So my idea was born the other night when I got this idea to make little PEACE PRAYER FLAGS and just make a garland for my Christmas tree but somehow the idea has morphed into this fabulous idea of sharing LOVE and PEACE with EVERYONE AND UNITING US with our little PEACE PRAYER FLAGS!!

I am a bit tired, I have been working on this non stop since the other day and I need to rest and write this all out properly and give it it's own site and all but right now this is what I have.

Here are 2 videos and I hope to go out on Saturday for an hour to see what peoples react to my idea is and how they perceive it all. I started an Esty site but I don't know if I am going to get it set up.


See below videos.






Peace Prayer Flag Creation & Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2015

Peace Prayer Flag Creation & Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2015

Peace Prayer Flag Creation & Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2015

Peace Prayer Flag Creation & Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2015

Peace Prayer Flag Creation & Photography by Tina Winterlik aka Zipolita © 2015

No comments: